#What is BBPS?
BBPS, or Bharat Bill Payment System, supports collecting payments for utility bills, loan EMIs, school fees, and more. It allows cash and digital payment modes with 400+ digital apps and 3.5M offline touch points.
Register as a Biller to make your bills available on BBPS.
#Who is a Biller?
Any business that generates bills for goods or services provided to a customer, and wants to collect payments using BBPS.
#What can I do with this product?
Collect payments on 400+ UPI and banking apps like PhonePe or GPay; and also have a presence on offline channels.
Setu provides API integrations and settlement services for this product.
Time to integrate: 3 days
Time to go live: 1 to 5 weeks.
#How it works
Here is a typical list of steps involved in collecting payments from a customer. Let’s use the example of a borrower repaying a loan amount from a lender. In this scenario, the lender is the Biller partner that has integrated with Setu.
- Customer opens a UPI or banking app of their choice, and clicks on “Loans”.
- A list of lenders is displayed, from where the customer selects their lender.
- The customer then verifies themselves by entering their loan number / mobile number, which the lender recognises and can use as a customer identifier. Refer:
- The customer views the amount to be repaid, and pays. Note that the UI shows an exact amount to be paid, but we also support partial amounts with custom validation.
- The app asks for the payment method, and the customer selects, say, UPI.
- Customer enters UPI mPIN to pay from preferred bank account.
- Payment is completed, verified as per biller validations and settled to biller account on T+2.